Selling Your Home
A practical guide to prepare your home for sale.
Your home is likely your biggest investment. As a professional real estate agent, my goal is to make sure that you get the best possible price in the shortest amount of time. Showing an appealing, uncluttered home is a must!
Buyers have already judged your home before they walk through the door. That’s why curb appeal is so important. Welcome buyers with trimmed bushes, colorful flowers and a well-maintained exterior.
A spotless home is essential! Buyers want to walk into a home that looks like it jumped off the pages of a magazine.
Paint the walls a light neutral color.
- Replace outdated or worn carpet.
- Make sure the floors shine.
- Wash the windows.
- Re-caulk showers, tubs and sinks.
- Hang fresh towels.
- Get rid of pet odors
Removing clutter helps buyers focus on the architectural features of your home. Room by room, remove the clutter – it’s amazing how much larger a room looks without it!
- Remove pieces of furniture in an overcrowded room.
- Pack away knick-knacks.
- Clear Countertops
- Organized drawers and closets
Personal photographs distract buyers. The fewer personal items in your home, the easier it is for buyers to imagine themselves living there.
- Remove personal photos and children’s artwork.
- Remove controversial artwork and strong political or religious statements
- Remove trophies, awards and certificates.
Bring in the Light
Natural light makes a home seem bright and airy and welcoming.
- Open the blinds and let the light shine in.
- Make sure light bulbs work and light up right away.